Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Herbed Carrot Soup

Made a great herbed carrot soup a day or two ago from carrots that over wintered in my garden. The carrots were super sweet and the herbs added a savory touch and a nice balance to the soup. I wish I used fresh herbs, but that will not be for a couple more weeks (the chives maybe). The next day it tasted even better.  Added some roasted, slivered almonds for some crunch and contrast to the pureed soup. I should have written down what I put in it, but was not thinking at the time and just added things that would go well together.  


When you make soup or other foods do you use a recipe, do you modify a recipe or do you just wing it?  Does it depend?  Like for baked goods, I am more likely to use a recipe, but sometimes add or subtract some ingredients.  Rarely will I use a recipe and follow it exactly, but know many people who follow a recipe exactly and fret when they do not have a ingredient that is in the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment