Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chicago bound, dishes to be found

Hopefully my great deals will continue.  On Thursday I called a company that advertised on Craigslist $10 file cabinets and went to pick them up Friday morning.  I took my mom along because I thought she might want one too.  The file cabinets did not have locks for them so instead of buying two I only got one and my mother got one too.  Thank goodness I took my mother along because she asked if they had anything else for sale.  The lady mentioned a few things and one of the things were tea mugs like the ones I will use for my place and some water glasses.  In total I got over 80 tea mugs and around 40 water glasses for $2.

I highly doubt I will get that great of a deal in Chicago, but hopefully a good deal anyways.  Tomorrow I will be heading to Chicago to look for soup cups and bowls, maybe silverware too.  I got a great deal on plates (dessert/salad plates and dinner plates) when I was in Chicago last time.  Been kicking myself for not getting the soup cups and bowls I saw then too and hope they are still there or something comparable.

Do you remember a great deal you have scored?  Did you ever score a deal in an unusual way?  Like most people it feels great to score a great deal and it is hard to not brag too much about the deal.  Hopefully I haven't bragged too much and thanks again mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment