Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tea is Hot ;-) or Hot Tea.....

Twitted about this article yesterday called 'Reading the Tea Leaves'.  It is becoming more mainstream in the USA or we are just catching up with the rest of the world.  As the article states and I have mentioned to astonished people that tea is the second most consumed beverage behind water.  Many Americans naively think that the most consumed beverage then would be coffee because for some reason they think that coffee has to be above tea.  They forget that tea is widely consumed in many parts of Asia (including China and India with over a billion people each) and most former British colonies, except the USA (darn Boston Tea Party....).  The irony is if the USA did not have the American Revolution with the Boston Tea Party, I bet we would be a more of a tea drinking country.  Oh well.  Not saying that the American Revolution should never have happened, just like tea.  Though if you go to the South, sweet tea and iced tea are popular.


On a side note.  I will be blogging on The Tea Review Blog.  Reviewing teas that are not from Rishi, the company I get most of my teas.  So all my tea reviews will be there, unless I occasionally review Rishi, which will be done here or gasp I may use my Steepster account for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment