Saturday, March 5, 2011

Got some bakery

I went yesterday to Molly's Gluten Free Bakery http://www.mollysglutenfreebakery.com/ to get some samples to decide if I will use them for my teahouse that will be opening in a couple months.  It is almost certain that I will use them and not just because I can't find another fresh gluten-free bakery in the area, but because I think they make a decent product.  I just moved to Milwaukee from Madison a month ago and have tried a few bakeries in Madison that had gluten-free products, but I think Molly's is the best so far. With one Madison bakery the product was so dense and tough I would never use them (wouldn't have a gluten-free option if they were the only product in the area) and Silly Yak http://www.freshglutenfree.net/ was only ok (disclaimer: the last time I tried Silly Yak was 2 years ago and their options have widen since then).  Molly's also has the widest selection I have seen in the area.  When I first went to them I was just looking for breads for my sandwiches, but if there was a demand I would offer some breakfast and sweet options too.  

 My first trip I was given a sample of the white bread, French loaf and Italian herb loaf.  I bought the French and Italian herb loaf.  The Italian herb loaf was good, but the herbs were a little overpowering.  Yesterday I bought the frozen English muffins (they did not have any fresh ones left) and 2 cupcakes.  Haven't tried everything, but did enjoy the French loaf, English muffins and a sample of a brownie (not sure which one). The cupcakes were ok but a little dense, and I bet if you had to eat gluten-free they would be good.  On my next trip I would like to try some breakfast options, more of the sweet options and buy the hamburger buns.  Ultimately, I can eat wheat products and of what I have tried I would not hesitate to eat the English muffins and that brownie.

No comments:

Post a Comment